Marriage License Information

Municipal Court with digital rendering of a building


This information is provided to answer questions you may have about obtaining a marriage license, prior to visiting the Sahuarita Municipal Court.

You may apply for a marriage license Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. You may complete the Marriage License Affidavit and bring it with you when you come to the courthouse. Both bride and groom must appear with valid I.D and have a social security number (SSN) to obtain a marriage license. Both must take an oath as to the truth of the statements you have made. The age of legal consent is 18 years of age.

The current fee for obtaining a marriage license is $83.00. The license fees are as follows:

  • $83.00 must be in the form of a check, money order or cashier’s check; made out to: Clerk of Superior Court.
  • $1.50 may be paid in cash, check, money order, cashier’s check or debit card.

(There is a processing fee of $2.50 to use your debit/credit card).

  1. If either or both of you are 16 or 17 years old, the consent of at least one of your parents is required and can be accomplished by a subscribed, sworn and notarized statement containing the names of both the bride and groom and granting you the permission to wed or by completing form 18-99 CONSENT TO MARRIAGE. If your parents are divorced, or legally separated, the legal CUSTODIAL PARENT must consent to the issuance of the license. Proof of custodial parent shall be requested.
  2. If either or both of you are 15 years of age or younger, the law requires an order signed by the Juvenile Court Judge of the Superior Court. Call Juvenile Court at 740-2064 for information on obtaining a court order.

The State of Arizona does not require a blood test and there is no waiting period requirement. The license is valid for 12 months from the date of issuance and you must marry within that 12 months or the license will expire. The license issued by our office can be used anywhere in the State of Arizona.

Obtaining the marriage license does not mean you are married. A Justice of the Peace, clergyman, or other authorized person, pursuant to A.R.S. § 25-124, must perform a marriage ceremony and sign the marriage license in order for you to be legally married.

Congratulations and Best Wishes.

ML Affidavit (PDF)

Consent to Marriage (PDF)

Contact the Department