- Municipal Court
- Passport Information
- PASSPORT UPDATED INFORMATION: AT THIS TIME SAHUARITA MUNICIPAL COURT IS NOT ACCEPTING ANY PASSPORT APPLICATIONS. Please check back for updated information regarding when the Court will begin accepting application's again.
- For more information on closures or to download a form, please log on to www.travel.state.gov.
The Court accepts only applications for NEW passports. You MUST apply in person and submit the following information:
- A completed DS-11 form for either the book or card
- You MUST apply in person
- You MUST not sign the application until instructed to do so by the Acceptance Agent.
- You MUST provide your SSN (social security number) in accordance with 26 U.S.C. 6039E
- Acceptable/Valid identification must be presented at the time of application.
- Submit proof of original U.S citizenship: Previously issued, undamaged U.S passport, Certified birth certificate issued by the city, county or state, Consular Report or Birth Abroad or Certification of Birth, Naturalization Certificate or Certificate of Citizenship.
Note-A certified birth certificate has a registrar’s raised, embossed, impressed or multicolored seal, registrar’s signature, and the date the certificate was filed with the registrar’s office, which MUST be within 1 year of your birth. Please note; some birth certificates are just a registration and may look like an original version of a birth certificate. These registrations will not be acceptable.
Present Identification- When applying for a U.S passport in person, acceptable identification must be presented at the time of application. Primary Identification:
- Previously issued, undamaged U.S passport
- Naturalization Certificate
- Valid Driver’s License
- Current Government ID (city, state or federal)
- Current Military ID (Military and dependents)
Note- If you apply and submit an out-of-state primary identification, you MUST present a second ID containing as much of the following information as possible; your photo, full name, date of birth and the document issuance date.
- Provide (1) passport photo
Renewal Passports- RENEWALS ARE DONE ON YOUR OWN- if:
- Current passport is undamaged and can be submitted with your application
- Passport was issued when you were age 16 or older
- Passport was issued within the last 15 years
- Passport was issued in your current name or you can legally document your name change.
Renewal Fees are as follows:
Passport Book- $130.00 (no execution fee is applied)
Note- If the above statements do not apply, you must apply in person.
If you need more information about renewals, please contact the court or visit the government travel website.
Processing Times and Fees:
You should anticipate an eight to eleven week waiting period. If you have immediate travel, we recommend contacting the National Passport Information Center to upgrade your application to expedite.
Passport Fees: An execution fee of $35.00 will be added to the passport fee, per passport application.
- Passport Book- Age 16 and over- $130.00 Fee + $35.00
- Passport Book- Age 15 and under- $100.00 Fee + $35.00
- Passport Card- Age 16 and over- $30.00 Fee + $35.00
- Passport Card- Age 15 and under- $25.00 + $35.00
- Note: Execution fee should be made out to the name of the Acceptance Agency (Sahuarita Municipal Court).
For more information please contact the court or visit: the government travel website.