The Town of Sahuarita provides animal control services. We are committed to providing the best customer service to our residents while ensuring fiscal responsibility.
Town residents must license their dogs online or by mail through PetData, the licensing service provider the Town has contracted with for dog licensing services. Assistance is available at Anamax Recreation Center.
What You Need to License Your Dog:
- Current rabies vaccination certificate
- Proof of spay/neuter, either a veterinarian signed statement or paid invoice for services
- Proof of owner age to receive Senior 65+ discount
- Paperwork will not be returned, please retain copies for your records
- Visit petdata.com
- Enter your zip code under "License Now"
- Go to the "Customer Service Assistant" page
- Under License Now, next to online click "Go"
- Under Instructions to License online: "Click here to begin" complete application
- Pay with credit card
- Scan and upload required documents or submit later by fax (214-821-3106), email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or mail
License by Mail:
- Obtain paper application from petdata.com or Anamax Recreation Center, 17501 S. Camino de las Quintas
- Complete the application and select the correct license fee(s)
- Make copies of required documents to include with your application
- Make check or money order payable to "Sahuarita Dog Licensing"
- Mail application, payment and document copies to Sahuarita Dog Licensing, c/o Pet Data, PO Box 141929, Irving, TX 75014-1929
What You Need to Know:
- Expect to receive dog tag by mail 2 - 3 weeks after required paperwork and payment are received
- Dogs over 3 months of age are required to be licensed in the Town of Sahuarita
- License must be renewed annually, and is not valid beyond the expiration date of the rabies vaccination
Our Animal Control Officer (ACO) responds to animal calls and assists owners in being reunited with their lost animals. The ACO is responsible for enforcing the Town's Animal Control Code Title 6, which includes leash laws, noise and barking, strays, aggressive animals, and such. The ACO also transports stray and impounded animals to the shelter. The Sahuarita Police Department assists the ACO.
The Town has contracted with the Humane Society of Southern Arizona (HSSA) in Tucson to provide sheltering of animals impounded through enforcement actions. Owners can contact the HSSA directly to recover an animal.
The Town is committed to providing educational opportunities and outreach clinics to provide materials and information as well as opportunities for vaccinations, spay/neuter and microchips. HSSA provides animal care education to elementary school students starting in the third grade, along with other community programs.
Sahuarita Police Department Animal Services
315 W. Sahuarita Center Way
Sahuarita, AZ 85629
Hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday - Friday
After hours or emergency call 911.
Sahuarita Parks and Recreation Department
Anamax Recreation Center
17501 S. Camino de Las Quintas
Sahuarita, AZ 85629
Hours: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday - Friday