Rancho Sahuarita Region 7C TENTATIVE PLAT
QUAIL CREEK UNIT 28 FINAL PLAT
Rancho Sahuarita Blocks 62-72 amended development plan (car wash)
Quail Creek Specific Plan 2
La Villita Specific Plan
Overview: A Specific Plan for approximately 162 acres, located on the west side of La Villita Road, 1.5 miles south of Sahuarita Road. (Case No. SA9-20-001)
Submitted: 1st: 3/20/2020 2nd: 9/29/2020 3rd: 1/25/2021 4th: 3/11/2021
Status: The Planning and Zoning Commission held a public hearing 4/5/2021 and voted to forward a recommendation of approval to the Town Council. The Town Council held a public hearing on 9/17/2021 and voted to continue the public hearing to April 11, 2022. However, a public hearing could be scheduled for an earlier date with complete public notice.
Next Steps: The Town Council will make a decision at a public hearing to be held April 11, 2022. With complete public notice, the item could be heard sooner.
Town Council packet materials are available at: https://sahuaritaaz.iqm2.com/Citizens/default.aspx
Comments or Questions: Comments or questions can be sent to Orlanthia Henderson at (520) 822-8854 or email@example.com.
MINOR GENERAL PLAN AMENDMENT
Overview: The Town of Sahuarita has applied for a Minor General Plan Amendment (Case No. SA7-21-00001). This amendment has two purposes:
- Correct the list of zones appropriate for each land use category. A zoning code amendment several years ago added and deleted certain commercial zones. The list of zones in the General Plan has not been updated to match the new zones in the zoning code. This amendment will make that correction.
- The NC Neighborhood Commercial and MX Mixed Use zones were added to the zoning code and are proposed as appropriate zones in the General Plan's Commercial and Mixed Use land use categories.
- The TR Transitional, RVC Rural Village Center, and MU Multiple Use zones were removed from the zoning code and are proposed from removal from the General Plan's Medium High Density Residential, High Density Residential, Commercial, and Mixed Use land use categories.
- Change the criteria for what can be considered a Minor General Plan Amendment to allow a change from a Commercial or High Density Residential land use to a Mixed Use land use to follow the process for a Minor General Plan Amendment. The purpose of this change is to provide property owners with more flexibility to make changes to their land use categories while still offering ample opportunity for public notice and public input on changes.
- A Minor General Plan Amendment requires a public hearing before the Planning and Zoning Commission followed by a public hearing before the Town Council. Applications are accepted during any time of the year.
- A Major General Plan Amendment requires two public hearings before the Planning and Zoning Commission followed by a public hearing before the Town Council. Applications are only accepted January through April.
General Plan land use categories differ from zoning districts in that they are a guide for future zone changes. Zoning districts, on the other hand, include a list of specific uses that are allowed on a property along with standards for development of those uses. All zone changes must conform to the General Plan land use map.
This proposed plan amendment DOES NOT change the zoning or land use for any property.
Status: Under review.
Questions or Comments: Questions and comments can be sent to Orlanthia Henderson at (520) 822-8851 or firstname.lastname@example.org.