How do I get my firearm(s) back?

Individuals seeking the return of a firearm(s) that is in the custody or control of the Sahuarita Police Department, must call 344-7001 to speak with a member of the Property and Evidence section to begin the process of releasing a firearm(s). A firearms eligibility check will be conducted to determine if the applicant is lawfully eligible to possess firearms and the firearm itself will be run through an ATF check. This process can be lengthy, so appointments will not be set until all checks have been conducted and approved.

Show All Answers

1. How do I file a Police report?
2. What can I do about speeders in my neighborhood?
3. What do I do in an EMERGENCY?
4. Where can I shoot my guns?
5. Has your bicycle been stolen?
6. What is safekeeping property?
7. How do I get my firearm(s) back?
8. How long do you hold a found item?
9. Is property being used as evidence ever returned to the owner?
10. How much time do I have to claim property after receiving notification from the Property and Evidence Section?
11. Can I have someone else pick up my property?
12. What happens to unclaimed property?
13. How can I find out if I have an active warrant?