The Planning and Building Department is responsible for ensuring compliance with building and zoning codes. Some examples of property complaints and the responding Division are:
- Weeds (Planning and Zoning)
- Junk vehicles (Planning and Zoning)
- Illegal sign (Planning and Zoning)
- Structure built without permit (Building Safety)
- Substandard/dangerous structures (Building Safety)
Standard Operating Procedure for Code Enforcement
To submit a complaint:
Property complaints can be submitted online using the Accela Citizen Access.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "Submit a Complaint" under Code Enforcement.
- You may submit a complaint anonymously
- You do not have to create an account to submit a complaint online.
- If you have an account and would like to submit an anonymous complaint, be sure to sign out first. If you are signed in, the option to submit anonymously will not be shown.
If you prefer, complaints may also be submitted in person at the Planning and Building Department or by phone:
Building Safety: (520) 822-8866
Planning and Zoning: (520) 822-8855
If you wish to remain anonymous, please do not email a property complaint as all emails are public record.