Business / Regulatory Licenses

Find a Business License

Need to find out if a business is licensed in the Town of Sahuarita?  You may search for a business license through our online business portal or view a list of licensed door-to-door and street vendors.

Application for Licenses

There is no fee for a general business license application or timely renewal.

Regulated licenses such as Door to Door Sales and Street Vending require application and renewal fees. 

Applications for the type of business you wish to pursue are available online from our business license portal. The applicant will be required to answer applicable questions on the application and provide forms of identification including proof of legal residence, and, in some instances, fingerprints (there is a six - eight week processing time), passport pictures, and a background check.

Upon Approval

All new, local applications will be reviewed by the Planning and Building Department prior to issuance. Once your application is approved, you will be notified your license is available for printing from the business license portal.  Your license must be displayed while conducting business.

  1. General Business License
  2. Door to Door
  3. Street Vending
  4. Fees

It is unlawful for any person, whether as principal or agent, or for any corporation, to commence, practice, transact, or carry on a trade, occupation, or business within the town limits without first having procured a business license. All home-based businesses must receive a zoning clearance from the Planning and Building Department.  For your convenience, the Home Occupancy application is included in the business license application. 


Exemptions from the licensing requirements:

  • Agencies of any federal, state, or local governments
  • Bona fide religious organizations
  • Fraternal and service clubs
  • Non-profit educational institutions
  • Non-profit private clubs where a basic membership fee covers the cost of the facilities

Additional Resources

  • View the town code for complete town compliance information 
  • Fees - see Fees tab
  • Apply for a license