Business / Regulatory Licenses
Find a Business License
Need to find out if a business is licensed in the Town of Sahuarita? You may search for a business license through our online business portal.
Application for Licenses
Effective February 23, 2012, the Town Council established a ZERO fee for general business licenses.
Regulated licenses such as Door to Door Sales and Street Vending do require application and renewal fees. View the information below to apply or renew your business license at no charge.
Applications for the type of business you wish to pursue are available online from our business license portal. The applicant will be required to answer all questions on the application and provide forms of identification including proof of legal residence, and, in some instances, fingerprints (there is a six - eight week processing time), passport pictures, and a background check.
All new applications will be reviewed by the Planning and Building Department prior to issuance. Once your application is approved, you will be notified your license is available for printing from the business license portal. Your license must be displayed while conducting business.
It is unlawful for any person, whether as principal or agent, or for any corporation, to commence, practice, transact, or carry on a trade, occupation, or business within the town limits without first having procured a business license. All home-based businesses must receive a zoning clearance from the Planning and Building Department. For your convenience, the Home Occupancy application is included in the business license application.
Exemptions from the licensing requirements:
- Agencies of any federal, state, or local governments
- Bona fide religious organizations
- Fraternal and service clubs
- Non-profit educational institutions
- Non-profit private clubs where a basic membership fee covers the cost of the facilities
- Apply for a new business license at no charge
- Renew your current business license at no charge
Persons traveling from house to house carrying, conveying, or transporting goods, wares, merchandise, edible foodstuffs or provisions, offering and exposing the same for sale or making sales, and delivering articles to purchasers, or attempting to take orders for sale for future delivery or for services to be furnished or performed in the future must have a door-to-door license.
Each person must be individually licensed and each business must have an active business license. Once your application is approved a registration identification card will be issued which must be kept in your possession and exhibited when conducting business.
Soliciting is prohibited:
- After the later of 7 p.m. or sunset and before sunrise
- Upon any premises bearing a sign “no peddlers”, “no canvassers”, “no solicitors” or any combination of such terms
- When requested by owner to leave
Exemptions from the Door to Door License requirements:
- Bona fide religious or charitable businesses
- Delivery of regular goods in course of business (e.g., news vendors)
- Yard / garage and auction sales
Street Vending (Food and Non-Food)
Persons peddling, vending, selling, displaying, or offering for sale any item of tangible personal property or other thing of value that occurs between the street curb lines must have a street vending license. Each person must be individually licensed and each business must have an active business license.
Once your application is approved, a registration identification card will be issued which must be kept in your possession and exhibited when conducting business. There are no exemptions from these license requirements.
Restrictions / Prohibitions
- Cannot obstruct the movement of pedestrians or vehicles using the street / alley / right of way
- Parking a vehicle or setting up a stand for more than one hour in any eight-hour period at one location (a radius of 300 feet from the original location is considered one location)
- Prohibited on a street abutting a public park within 500 feet of established park concession
- Prohibited within 600 feet of any school ground between the hours of 7 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Prohibited within a public park unless granted a permit signed by the Parks and Recreation Director
- No service to the public from the street side of the vehicle / stand
Additional special restrictions for food vending:
- Motor vehicle hazard lights must be in operation when stopped
- Street vending is prohibited after the later of 7 p.m. or sunset and before sunrise
- Vehicle must have affixed the following signs: “Watch for Children” on front and rear of vehicle; Town of Sahuarita license number, followed by town issued street license number and business name
- Vehicle must have two outside wide-angle mirrors
- Vending is limited to food items and toys only
- Business License - $0 (New) $0 (Renewal)
- Door-to-Door Sales - $100 (New) $50 (Renewal)
- Street Vending - $100 (New) $50 (Renewal)
- Police Background Check - $22 Money Order (Payable to Department of Public Safety)
- Fingerprinting (resident) - $3 (Payable to Police Department)
- Fingerprinting (non-resident) - $5 (Payable to Police Department)