Payment Assistance program
You may qualify for assistance to help pay your wastewater bill if you are a current customer of the Sahuarita Wastewater Utility.
To be eligible for financial assistance, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Applicant must have an active residential sewer account with the Sahuarita Wastewater Utility
- Applicant's name must be listed on the active sewer account
- Applicant must have a valid picture ID
- Monthly income for all household members must not exceed 175% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines from table below:
|Federal Poverty |
Level @ 100%
|FPL @ 175%|
*For each additional household member add $368 @100%, or add $645 @ 175%.
Income is considered the combined income of all persons who live in the home, including but not limited to:
- Salary/gross income
- Unemployment benefits
- Child support
- Supplemental security income
- DES awards
- Disability benefits
- Retirement benefits
- Review application and gather documents necessary to support information provided.
- Complete application in full and call 520-822-8844 to schedule an appointment to review application and supporting documentation.
- Bring ALL supporting documentation listed on the application to the appointment, including: valid picture ID, original social security cards for all household members, or most recently filed federal tax return showing applicable social security numbers. Income documentation (e.g. paystubs, award letters, etc.)
- A town representative will review your application at the time of appointment.
- The town will notify you via email or phone call (within five days) about your application status.
fINANCIAL ASSISTANCE (IF ELIGIBLE):
- The town will provide financial assistance to eligible applicants, subject to budgeted funds available for the program.
- The program will pay for monthly sewer charges up to $100 per bill, for a maximum of four months.
- If eligible, no late penalty or interest charges will be accrued on your active account during the time of assistance.
ADDITIONAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS:
For a list of additional resources available to those seeking assistance due to the COVID-19 pandemic visit: COVID-19 Rental Assistance & Eviction Resources.