The Technology Division (IT) provides information technology related services for all municipal buildings and functions The Town of Sahuarita (THE TOWN or TOWN) owns and operates. The division’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Providing electronic communication services such as VOIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol) and email
- Administering and maintaining a stable network environment
- Collaborating with THE TOWN to utilize information technology in better service to our constituents
- Identifying emerging technologies to meet changing TOWN technology needs
- Procuring, managing and protecting all TOWN hardware and software assets
- Technology Help Desk administration
IT works within the framework of the Strategic Technology Plan of the TOWN to provide the most efficient technology infrastructure, support and integration to all departments of the TOWN in a timely and cost-effective manner. In addition, IT provides technical training, contract negotiation, cost containment, guidance and project management services for all TOWN functions as they relate to technology. IT has developed and maintains a standard Service Level Agreement (SLA) with and for the TOWN to ensure our customers goals and needs are met.
The TOWN's technology portfolio is a hybrid of cloud based and on-site solutions. Using this model allows the TOWN to react quickly to changing technology conditions while keeping costs under control. This allows us to achieve our goal of being responsive while maintaining a structured environment. Our vision is to be recognized as a collaborative partner of the TOWN known for optimizing business processes, executing innovation and providing technology leadership.