Requesting Records & Information
SAHUARITA POLICE & ACCIDENT REPORTS
Police and accident reports are available from the Police Department Records Bureau. Please view the Records Bureau webpage for information on how to request records.
SAHUARITA MUNICIPAL COURT RECORDS
Court records are available from the Sahuarita Municipal Court. Please view the Records Searches webpage for information on how to request court records.
PUBLIC RECORDS REQUESTS
The Town is required by law to make all records, except confidential records and those protected from disclosure, available to the public while safeguarding confidential and personal identifying information. As part of the overall Town of Sahuarita Strategic Plan, our goal is to create a culture of continuous improvement. In an effort to improve service to our constituents, we are continually implementing organizational best practices. Please use the "Public Records Request Portal" to submit a public records request to the Town of Sahuarita, track the status of your request, and download responsive records.
To get started, select “Public Records Request Portal” to create an account. Public records requests should be submitted on-line using the Public Records Request Portal to avoid confusion regarding the records being requested. Requests must describe the record(s) requested in sufficient detail and specificity to allow the record to be located with a reasonable amount of diligence. Please include the following information in your request:
- A clear and specific description of the information you are requesting including dates, subjects, titles, addresses, employee names or departments of the documents requested.
- Contact information including name, address, contact phone number and email.
PUBLIC RECORD REQUEST Guidelines
- Staff is unable to provide legal advice.
- Staff is unable to guarantee when a records request will be completed.
- Multiple requests from the same requestor will be processed in the order received.
- Applicable fees for the production of records in response to a public records request will be charged in accordance with state law and town code.
- Public records requests are not confidential and information regarding the requests, including requestor information, records requested, and time and cost to fulfill the request may be requested or published.
- Public Record Request Guidelines
- Any person may request to examine or be furnished copies, printouts or photographs of any public record during regular business hours (8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M., Monday – Friday, excluding legal holidays).
- To request inspection and/or copies, printouts or photographs of public records, please submit a public request form through the "Public Records Request Portal". Please be specific so that the records can be easily identified.
- The Town will charge an amount for any items that must be sent out for copying equal to the cost of reproducing the requested material. Such amount must be paid prior to receipt of the materials.
Commercial PURPOSE RECORDS Requests
A commercial purpose means the use of a public record for the purpose of sale or resale or for the purpose of producing a document containing all or part of the copy, printout or photograph for sale or the obtaining of names and addresses from public records for the purpose of solicitation or for any purpose in which the purchaser can reasonably anticipate the receipt of monetary gain from the direct or indirect use of the public record.
Commercial purpose does not mean the use of a public record as evidence or as research for evidence in an action by any judicial or quasi-judicial body.
Charges for a commercial request shall include:
- A portion of the cost to the Town for obtaining the original or copies of the documents, printouts or photographs.
- A reasonable fee for the cost of time, materials, equipment and personnel in producing such reproduction.
- The value of the reproduction on the commercial market as best determined by the public body.
In order to help determine the value of the reproduction on the commercial market, additional information will need to be provided during the request process.
Please call the Town Clerk Department at (520) 822-8804.