Can I operate a business from my home?

Certain businesses are allowed to be home-based. A business license and home occupation permit are required. As part of the business license process, you will indicate whether your business is to be a home-based business or not. If so, you will be asked to fill out a Home Occupation application.  Planning & Zoning will review the application and determine whether your business meets the criteria to be allowed as a home-based business. In general, businesses are allowed to be home-based when there is minimal neighborhood impact based on the amount of traffic to the business and the potential for noise or other elements that may have a negative impact on the neighborhood.

Criteria for home-based businesses are found in STC 18.09.030.

Show All Answers

1. Can I operate a business from my home?
2. Can the Town help enforce my neighborhood's CC&Rs for my HOA?
3. Can I advertise my business/organization/event with roadside signs?
4. Why do I have a Sahuarita address if I don't live within Sahuarita?
5. I live in Sahuarita. Why do I have a Green Valley address?
6. Does Sahuarita have impact fees or property taxes?
7. How can I find out what my property's zoning is?