FINES, FEES AND RESTITUTION:
NOTE: IF YOU ARE REQUIRED TO PAY FINES, PENALTIES, FEES OR OTHER FINANCIAL OBLIGATIONS BECAUSE OF A JUDGEMENT OF THIS COURT AND YOU ARE UNABLE TO PAY, BRING THIS INFORMATION TO THE ATTENTION OF THE COURT. YOU MAY BE ELIGIBLE TO BE PLACED ON A PAYMENT PLAN.
SI A USTED SE LE EXIGE PAGAR MULTAS, SANCIONES, CUOTAS U OTRAS OBLIGACIONES ECONOMICAS COMO RESULTADO DE UNA SENTENCIA EN ESTE TRIBUNAL Y NO PUEDE PAGARLAS, AVISELES O AL PERSONAL DEL TRIBUNAL O AL JUEZ DE SU SITUACION PORQUE PUEDED SER POSIBLE PAGAR A PLAZOS O PUEDE EXISTIR OTRA OPCION. NO HAGA CASO OMISO DE SU RESPONSABILIDAD DE PAGAR, EL CUAL LE PODRIA GENERAR NUEVAS SANCIONES Y COSTAS. PARA OBTENER MAS INFORMACION PONGASE EN CONTACTO CON EL TRIBUNAL O UN ABOGADO, O DIRIJASE A LA SIGUIENTE PAGINA WEB.
Fines are monetary obligations assessed by statute or town ordinances. Court fines may include fines, fees, surcharges and restitution.
Fees are monetary obligations that are for a specific service. They are covered by statute or town ordinances.
Restitution is awarded upon a defendant's conviction for an offense causing economic loss to any person. It's the court's sole discretion to order that all or a portion of the fine imposed be allocated as restitution and to be paid by the defendant to any person who suffered an economic loss caused by their conduct.
- Payment of fines and fees are expected at the time of judgement.
- Payments accepted in the form of cash, cashier’s check, certified check, money order, credit card, debit card, or other financial institution generated fund transfer instrument and other forms or means of payment mandated by the supreme court.
- A receipt will be issued for every payment made in person.
- The Court reserves the right not to accept questionable checks and cash.
- Returned Checks (NSF) will result in a $35.00 return check fee.
- Cases in default and/or collections must be paid by cash, credit card: Discover, American Express, MasterCard, Visa (debit/credit), money order, cashier’s check, or traveler’s check.
- Make sure to keep your receipt as proof of payment.
PAYMENTS CAN BE MADE:
- By mail using a check, money order or cashier's check, made payable to Sahuarita Municipal Court. Please note your complaint or case number somewhere on your check. If you are paying your fine in full before appearing in court (Civil Traffic charge(s) only), please submit your payment along with the "I wish to plead responsible" part of the Fine/Sanction Schedule (Bond Card). A copy of your complaint or order from court will help ensure your payment is applied to the appropriate case.
- Telephonic or Web (online) Payments : With a major credit/debit card you can pay your fine or make a payment on your case. Payments are accepted Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. by dialing (520) 344-7150 for telephonic or the website.
BEFORE you proceed with making your payment, please make sure your citation has been filed with the court, or have your case number available.
An additional $6.00 processing fee will be added to the total of the payment if you make your payment telephonic or online.
NOTE: If you are paying your citation online, you agree that you are pleading responsible to the civil traffic charge(s) and do not wish to appear before a Judge or a Civil Traffic Hearing officer. JUVENILES MUST APPEAR BEFORE A JUDGE BEFORE ANY ONLINE PAYMENTS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- In person payments are accepted Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. You may make your payment by cash, check, money order or cashier's check. If your case is currently in collections, this court will only accept payments in the form of a credit card, money order or cashier's check.
Credit card payments are accepted with a processing fee as follows:
DEBIT: A processing fee of $2.50 per transaction, with a maximum charge of $5000.00.
CREDIT: A processing fee of $2.50 per transaction up to $50.00 and a fee of 4% with payments of over $50.00. The maximum charge per credit is $5000.00.